Monday, October 22, 2012

How Could This Happen

I'm sick.

I noticed a tickle in my throat at work on Saturday.  I tried to ignore it but in the back of my mind I knew I was coming down with something.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I had a jackhammer in my brain, I was nauseous and dizzy.  OK, I'll admit it.  I was hungover.  Strike that... I'm pretty sure I may have still been drunk from the night before.  I was trying to help my cold with a little whiskey and red wine and apparently failed miserably!  Not only was a drunk AND hungover, I also was stuffy, congested and coughing.  Thank goodness for sympathetic co-workers because I was also supposed to be at work in an hour.

I popped some cold pills and slept it off.  I woke up feeling more stable but the symptoms of my little cold were still annoyingly there.

I rested all day yesterday watching episodes of 30 Rock and The X-Files patiently awaiting my husband to come home from work.  When he did, to my surprise and delight, he brought me Thukpa soup from our favorite Nepalese restaurant.

Today, not feeling much better, I pretty much spent the day in bed again.  I did take the dog for a short walk.  It was long enough for me to get depressed by how beautiful an autumn day it is here in Baltimore.  Stupid cold!  I did notice an item in my newsfeed on facebook that seemed as though it was tailored just for me...  I recently friended a page called "Plant-Based on a Budget" and today they posted: "Have a cold or flu? Give this soup a try to help you battle those symptoms!"  Garlic- Ginger Soup  I made a few tweaks based on what I had on hand, but this was just what I needed tonight to help me fight this cold.

Alright, alright, back to resting...

1 comment: