Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Detox Bath

When I was working on fighting a nasty cold a few years ago I did some research on the benefits of adding different ingredients to a hot bath to help with congestion.  A lot of obvious ingredients surfaced like peppermint essential oil and rosemary but one that I was very surprised by was ground mustard powder.  Evidently it has been used in traditional medicine for a very long time.  They say it aids circulation, opens your pores and makes you sweat.  Now don't get me wrong, this is not medical advice.  This is just something that I have found that makes me feel better when I'm feeling crappy.

Add to a hot bath as it is being drawn:

2 T dry mustard powder
2 T baking soda
a few drops of peppermint essential oil
a drop of tea tree oil

I have the water about as hot as I can stand it and make sure to drink lots of water and Yogi Cold Season tea and try not to drop my iPod in the tub.

When I feel like I'm clearing up I'll stand up and rinse off and get back to resting.


I think I am finally starting to feel better after an evening of watching scary movies on the couch with the hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment