Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hurty Hammies

The past two days I have worked as a scenic artist over-hire in the painting department at the theater. The scene shop builds scenery and sends it to us to paint. Most of the things we are painting are very large and are down on the ground because there aren't enough saw horses to prop everything up. This means lots of squatting and kneeling and rolling around on the floor to maneuver to paint what needs to be painted.

My hamstrings are KILLING me. Ouchies! Today when I woke up I tried to go for a jog with the hope that it might help my muscles to loosen up. I think it helped a little. But now I am sitting on the Bolt Bus from Baltimore to NYC and I am very uncomfortable sitting. Maybe heels weren't the best choice either... I am looking forward to standing and walking! I am even more excited to see my mom and sister and go to "Friendsgiving" at my very dear friends Jess and Lauren's house!

I just read a great article on FitSugar about avoiding over-eating at holiday parties. (I will post the link when I get home). I am usually guilty of not just eating too much but of drinking too many calories, too! I want to bring a healthy side dish so there will be a low cal or healthy option for me to munch on. As a vegetarian I have been to parties where there is nothing healthy or meat free. Although Jess, my omnivore hostess did call and offer. To pick up Tofurkey... I like the slices alright but I have never had the loaf and I don't think a party is the place to try it. I have veg friends who have said it is gross. Having a little nibble beforehand is also a great idea! Well, only about an hour left on this bus....

No comments:

Post a Comment