Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fitness Buddy

I am super lucky that my husband is so enthusiastic and supportive of my fitness goals.  Since it was so very blustery here in Baltimore, MD I decided to do my workout at home today.  I've been trying to master some very basic moves that might seem remedial but I want to definitely make sure that I am doing them right.  One of those basic moves is the humble squat.  I came across this video on fitsugar this morning.


While my hubs was doing some work at his computer I called him over to compare what I was doing to what the woman in the video was doing.  After several failed attempts at demonstrating what I was doing wrong and me nearly falling flat on my back, he proposed taking a picture of me so that I could see for myself what I was doing wrong.  It turns out that my "Wilson Long-Torso" makes it impossible for me to do the elbows on the the knees thing that the woman in the video is doing.  Once I figured that out I could modify what I was doing-- by putting my arms straight out in front of me-- to do a proper squat.  Mission accomplished!

My point is that the buddy system is a great way to get motivated and you can be each other's spotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment