Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 2 P90X

Let's just say that this is the longest I have been able to stick with doing P90X so far!

It is a very intimidating workout regimen, but what really pushed me to try it again was the fact that my sister and her boyfriend are starting it.  I love being able to chat with her for support and we are holding each other accountable.

I had a really nice visit with her and her new boyfriend down here in Baltimore this past weekend.  He had never been here so we did some touristy/sights-seeing type stuff that my husband and I don't normally do because we have been living here for so long.

We ate out for some meals and eating out as a a vegan is much harder than eating out as a vegetarian.  Some places were easier than other-- obviously our local Thai restaurant was easier than at Ale Mary's- a place very close to our house that has a fabulous (and meat and dairy heavy) brunch.

But I made it!

In other news, I have been applying to a bunch of plein air painting festivals and other competitions while staying busy working on some large urban-industrial landscapes among other things.  Fingers crossed because I would really like the chance to meet and paint amongst other artists with similar artistic interests.

My proposal for a solo show at Pinebox Art Center was rejected but I'm not going to let that discourage me.  It's not the first rejection and I know it won't be the last.  All I can do is keep on keepin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment