Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Up and Downs and a beach vacation

It's been a while since I have posted but with a beach vacation on the horizon I thought that it would be the perfect time to get back into blogging about fitness since I am upping my routine.

For those of you that don't know, my weight loss journey has taken me from about 220 lbs. to a pretty healthy 145 lbs. (give or take a few!).  I love to eat and I love to imbibe but have made the commitment to seriously working hard over the next month to a.) get in shape for a backpacking trip to Dolly Sods with the hubs and b.) not be totally self conscious in a swimsuit.

The other night when I was tending bar a gentleman left me an unexpected tip-- a 30-day pass to Merritt Athletic Club.  I signed up for the free trial yesterday and hit it hard with cardio after a weekend long bacchanal...  Back again today for abs and upper body.  It is so hot out that I am pretty sure I sweat more on the walk there and back than I did during my workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment